600g mince (preferably -but not necessarily- beef)
500g tomato pasta sauce (I use Five Brothers: Oven Roasted Garlic With Wine, but it really doesn't matter)
1/2 cup plain flour
2/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese (however, as a rule, more cheese is always better)
0. check that you have the ingredients
1. cook the mince in a large frying pan (without oil, because lord knows there's going to be far more than enough grease in the mix eventually), until it's brown and add the tomato sauce (make sure you've got a few spoonfuls left over if you're using the whole jar)
2. preheat oven and get milk at the ready, because for the next step it's essential you don't leave it alone
3. on a low temperature, melt the butter in a med-large saucepan, add the flour and mix until it becomes paste-like.
4. gradually add milk to the paste and stir like crazy, because it gets very easily burnt to the bottom of the saucepan. And keep crazy stirring until it gets thick (should take about 15 minutes and trust me, you'll know when it's thick) and add 1/3 cup of the grated cheese until it melts and the sauce gets even thicker.
5. Now you have a meat sauce and a white sauce, so the layering order in the dish goes as such:
-spread a few spoonfuls of the leftover tomato sauce around the bottom
-a lasagne sheet (I use two lasagne sheets, because they're small and dish is exactly twice the size as them, so obviously just do whatever works for you)
-1/3 of the white sauce
-1/2 of the meat sauce (being careful to spread it evenly)
-a lasagne sheet
-1/3 of the white sauce
-1/2 of the meat sauce (again, being careful about even spreading)
-a lasagne sheet
-the final third of the white sauce
-1/3 cup of the grated cheddar cheese
6. stick it in the oven for about an hour. I like it to be crunchy, crusty and slightly burnt so sometimes it'll leave it in for over an hour and a half :P
I'm crazy about this, it's the best lasagne -hell, the best meal- I've ever tasted and it's disturbingly easy to make. The worst part is mixing the white sauce, but with the assistance of a few Hamish and Andy podcasts that can be made much less boring.
ii. icons I really shouldn't be showing you because they were entered into icontests this week :o
a) and I'm not sure which I like more, but I'm really digging the yellow with the white halo behind them :D They were such a sexy couple, I wish they were still together :(
b) PAM! <3 I love this so much, Pam was adorable in her little Charlie Chaplin/Hitler outfit. I love how this icon feels cold and emotionless, because that's exactly what I was aiming for. I'm slightly worried that people will think I have an icon of Hitler, though :\
c) obviously an alternate of 'b', but I've gone crazy with the duplicated images. I HATE it when people do this with their icons, so I'm not sure why I did it :P I like my colours, though.
d) once again aiming for something that a mutant hybrid of letsey_x and mefan would make. I'm not sure why but that seems to be a drive behind a lot of my icons these days :P
iii. the polls are in! You guys voted that I watch Veronica Mars! Coming in a close second was Alias, shortly followed by BSG and then Bones. Everything received at least one vote, except for The Secret Diary of a Call Girl
iv. an awesome Christmas sharing meme-ey thing that I expect ALL of you to do stolen from shoqolad
- Make an LJ post, either public or locked (although public give people who aren't on your flist a chance to give you presents :D). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. These wishes can be anything, from simple and fandom-related (a fic written about your favorite pairing), to medium (a DVD you want), to really extravagant (a brand new car). Just make sure these are wishes for things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things, like a DVD or CD, make sure you include some sort of contact information in your post. It can be your address or your email address, as long as Santa (or one of his elves) can somehow get in touch with you. ;)
- Make sure you post a version of these guidelines in your LJ, because it's important that the holiday joy will spread.
- Skim through your friend's list (or the brand new friends of friend's list, or random journals) to see who has posted their list. Now is the most important part: if you find a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so. Make that person's wish come true! Sometimes your trash is another person's treasure! If you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use - or you even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free - give it to someone who wants it!
- Post this in your LJ any time after November 1st, then repost it two weeks before Christmas (a.k.a. December 11th)
- You don't need to spend money on these wishes to make them come true. Only spend money if you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf. It's to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not, it's all up to you. :)
- There are no rules for this project, nor are there any guarantees or strings attached. Just wish! Your wish might come true! And give if you can. You'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday a special one. :)
and now on to my list, in order of my desperation for the items
1. The Wall-E, T:TSCC, Torchwood and
preferably in digital form, downloadable via megaupload, but should you desperately want to buy me a CD copy I'm not going to complain.
see: 1. I've already got Angel #1-7 and Buffy #1-16 in physical form.
3. Awesome stock settings for manipulations
I'm looking for settings that you can imagine characters standing on (e.g. , etc.)
4. A digital SLR camera
5. ANTM: 2x05, 2x07 and 2x09-11
6. Project Runway: 3x09-14
7. A shiny case that can hold two external HDDs
The one I have at the moment is really ugly, the fan rattles whenever I'm using the harddrives and is very likely on the verge of breaking. :(
8. To have people watch my fandoms
Very few people watch my favourite shows so pick a show from this list (keeping in mind, this list is just the shows that I don't think get enough attention and this list is (almost) ALL of my shows), watch it and tell me how much you loved it :D
- The Inside
- American Dad
- Boston Legal
- Flight of the Conchords
- Prison Break
- 30 Rock
- Kyle XY
- Project Runway
- The Knights of Prosperity
- Tru Calling
9. To have all of the moods for the multifandom moodtheme filled out with awesome scenes
10. Surprise me with something awesome :D
because I can't think of 10 things I want, apparently :P
I'm weirdly invested in this, I think it's a brilliant idea and would love to get the things on my list and to help you guys out with yours :D
lovestories - here
shoqolad - here
cartography - here
eesia - here
shadecat - here