anyway, here are my favourite games in no particular order
2. So... I bought a car! It's a 2000 Audi A4 and it's shiny and awesome. I think I did VERY well considering it is my first car. The interiors are very cool and excellent, the exteriors are steadily getting covered in bird poo (because remember, I live in a jungle).
Fun fact: it's actually cheaper for me to own the car and pay for petrol and the loan and stuff than what I was previously paying on bus tickets every week. Bus tickets in Sydney are INSANE!! Unless you're a student, child, pensioner, whatever. And taking buses is a hassle overall so it's a massive triple win for me (if we're including the bragging rights that naturally comes with owning an Audi)
A lot of people told me that driving in Sydney would be hard but I think they're just wusses because I'm not having any problems with it. Parking on the other hand... I've already been fined and I am eternally thanking the lord that I live at the end of the cul de sac that nobody ever parks down. There are tricks to each area and you just have to figure them out, basically.
3. PICTURES MEME TIME!
- Post ten of any pictures currently on your hard drive that you think are self-expressive or inspirational to you.
- No captions. It must be like we're speaking with images and we have to interpret your visual language just like we have to interpret your words.
- They must already be on your hard drive - no googling or flickr! They have to have been saved to your folders sometime in the past. They must be something you've saved there because it resonated with you for some reason.
- You do not have to answer any questions about any of your pictures if you don't want to. You can make them as mysterious as you like. Or you can explain them away as much as you like.
4. So I started watching Misfits and I kind of really love it. I legitimately haven't been this excited about a show in YEARS. It's such a fun combination of the cheeky Brit teens and their epic superpowers. And funny! So funny and in a totally different way than what I've seen before. And it's very well structured and self-aware which is really important in a show I think.
WATCH IT!! WATCH IT NOW!!! I honestly can't describe the show to serve it justice but it only has 13 episodes so far (new episode in two days!!) and there's no excuse not to be caught up. A fair bit of warning, the first couple of episodes it takes a while to find its footing but then it finds it and it finds it fast!
5. So... these are some random shots I haven't shared yet and stuff
So this is very potentially my favourite photo to date. I mean just the intensity to it - this is what I live, this is how I feel. It reminds me so much of Cara and just that euphoric energy she inherently carried with her.
I love her eyes, I love her nose, I love her cheekbones, her lips and her shoulders. I would be frustrated that it's YET ANOTHER headshot but there is just so much going on in the face department I can't stay mad.
The background is nice - perhaps a bit TOO plain? Better plain than distracting I guess but I wish that it had been in focus maybe?
I really like this and I very much recommend you look at the full size because the digital noise is so much fun! I've been all over tumblr lately and it's made me really interested in digital noise as an intentional aesthetic element vomdesgarcon and divisibilities are two of my bigger inspirations at the moment. It's just not a look I've seen before and at this stage of my development when everything just feels like a repetition, that's what I need the most.
I love how relaxed the background feels and then their faces are fantastic and then for once I've got a bit of narrative in my photos! It's different! And different in the very best way I think.
My main problems with it are that this was taken before ANY of the other shots you've seen from me (way back in year 1 of the course) so technically there was a lot of bad stuff going on that I've managed to amend in photoshop thankfully, but also her has been given almost no attention and their clothes are beyond boring. And unfortunately for the most part, they're problems that photoshop can't fix.